Subscribe via RSS Feed Connect on Instagram Connect on Pinterest Connect on Google Plus Connect on LinkedIn Connect on YouTube
banner ad

Robin Williams Tragic Suicide – Vedic Astrology

Filed in News by on August 11, 2014 • views: 9568

Robin Williams Tragic Suicide – Vedic Astrology

The world was shocked and saddened by the apparent suicide of beloved actor and comedian Robin Williams on Monday, August 11, 2014. I examine his chart, the timing and the current astrology in the video below.

Robin Williams Tragic Suicide – Vedic Astrology – VIDEO

Robin Williams’ Birth Chart: Libra AscendantCNN.com_-_Breaking_News__U.S.__World__Weather__Entertainment___Video_News

Robin Williams was born July 21, 1951 at 1:34 PM in Chicago Illinois. His chart has a Libra rising sign, ruled by Venus, who also rules the eighth house. This shows how Libran’s need to experience constant change, intellectual and social change, if they are to fulfill their destiny. It also shows the insecurity and vulnerability that comes from change, and the Libran need for strong social connections to help them navigate the fear of intellectual and social transformation.

When he was born Venus was in Leo, in his 11th house of ambition (and disappointment), joined the South node, in an extremely tight conjunction, exact. The influence of Ketu on his ruling planet, and 8th lord, shows a very insecure person – more specifically, someone who was very self-critical, with standards of perfection no one could meet. In addition to that, the 11th house is the most cruel, as it leads us into high desire and deep disappointment over time.

The moon connection
Opposite his Venus/Ketu in Leo sits Rahu/moon in Aquarius, also in a very tight conjunction. A Rahu / moon conjunction is a known indicator for mental imbalance, bipolar disorder, or at the very least extreme mood swings. His almost manic emotional behavior, as exhibited in his dynamic comedy can certainly be shown to spring forth from a Rahu / moon conjunction. In addition, the Rahu/Moon person has a capacity to project their emotions and feelings into others, as well as pick up on other’s emotions. In short, Rahu blows things open, explodes them in a way that feels out of control. When he joins the moon, our heart feels blown open all the time, and we feel a bit out of control.

However, his moon is also the 10th house ruler, of career. Aquarius is the fifth house, a creative/dharma house. Therefore, the moon forms a powerful Raja yoga,  giving him enormous insight and creativity with this “blown open” heart of his. Life was an emotional roller coaster for him and he took us on the ride! His spontaneous, comedic genius will never be seen again.

Mercury and the sun in Cancer (10th house)
His career in communication is easily seen by Mercury (the speech giver) in his 10th house of career. Not only do we see its influence, but Mercury is a very auspicious planet for Libra, as the ninth house ruler. It forms another powerful raja yoga.

However,  Mercury was also in Aslesha Nakshatra, the most prominent Nakshatra seen in suicides. This placement figures prominently in his tragic demise.

Mars/Saturn mutual aspect
There is a troubling mutual planetary aspect between Saturn and Mars, from the ninth and 12th houses, with Saturn four houses in front of Mars. Saturn is a very important planet for Libra, giving them realistic boundaries with others, and the capacity to make peace with life’s painful transformation (as described above).

However, with his Saturn in the 12th house, it seemed much easier to escape from life’s painful realities, rather than face them. The 12th house is the house of escapism through alcohol or other addictions. Robin Williams was also a heavy cocaine user when he was younger. Cocaine use is related to Mars.

Jupiter in Pisces
This gives Robin Williams a very wise, sensitive and benevolent nature, as Jupiter rules Pisces. However, this placement is also gives us an excellent lesson in how a Planet acts as a functional malefic. Jupiter rules two cruel houses for Libra, the third house (personal desire) and the sixth house (difficulty/struggle). Pisces is the sign of escapism and alcoholism (in addition to cancer and Scorpio, the other water signs). Sensitive and compassionate Jupiter here is overcome by personal desires and the struggles that result. However, it also gave him a great awareness of right and wrong, and shows why he was able to manage his depression and alcoholism for such a long time. It is also aspecting Saturn in the 12th house.

But planets in their own sign have a very high standard. Well dignified (planets exalted or in own sign) functional malefics (especially when they are natural benefics) hold a sort of unfulfilled promise. They have enormous intelligence, in an area of life we are not comfortable with. In this case, a powerful Jupiter gives piety and righteousness, but a Libran has no use for such a thing.

Instead, on a deep level, I believe Robin Williams probably felt as though he was letting himself down and letting others down – as he could never embody Jupiterian virtue. The promise of Jupiter gets spoiled by his rulership of cruel houses for Libra. Yet, beneath all of the clowning, Robin Williams easily conveyed a wise, gentle and benevolent, sensitive soul. Much of that also came from this wonderful Jupiter.

Windows_7_Home_Premium_-_Parallels_Desktop

Current Transits and Dasas
Robin Williams entered a Ketu/saturn dasha in March 2014. This cycle, tragically, saw him relapse with alcohol. He even checked into a clinic in July 2014 for alcohol treatment. As was mentioned, Ketu joins his ruling planet and 8th house Lord Venus in the natal chart, bringing an intense focus on personal growth through personal change that requires a loss of control (8th house).

Saturn is in the escapist 12th house, but more importantly he rules the mentally unstable moon/Rahu conjunction in Aquarius, Robin’s fifth house. Saturn also rules the sun in Pushya Nakshatra, the planet of ambition and disappointment (11th lord),  as well as the natural “Self” indicator. Ketu / Saturn activates all 3 Self factors –  ruling planet, sun and moon.

Full Moon / Suicide Transits and Aspects by Transit
The official declaration of death took place on August 11, 2014 at 12:02 PM. At this time there was a Libra rising, with Saturn and Mars also in Libra, Robins first house. In addition, the moon was almost exactly on Robin’s natal Moon, and there were four planets in Cancer, his 10th house of recognition and notoriety.

Of note, transiting Mercury was in virtually the exact same position as his natal Mercury, in Aslesha with the sun. As mentioned earlier, this is the Nakshatra of suicide. Tragically, Mr. Williams could not bear the emotional intensity of the full moon the day before, as it opposed four planets in excessively sensitive cancer.

In addition, I find it extremely important, if not the most important factor, that Saturn by transit is aspecting his natal Mercury, as well as the sun/Mercury by transit in the current sky. The last several months, since Saturn turned retrograde at 29 Libra then turned direct again, would have seen his Mercury in Aslesha under enormous pressure. And of course, Saturn is the indicator of death.

I also find it noteworthy that Ketu by transit was within 6° of his natal Jupiter in Pisces, in the 6th house.

I Confess – I Was Not a Fan of His Comedy 62e371e3d7a3
I do not like most American comedies – physical comedy, etc. I am not a big movie fan nor do I have much interest in celebrities. However, there was something so different and special about Robin Williams. Something innocent, sweet, unique and talented – almost not of this world. There was a natural humility about him as well. In the quieter moments of interviews with him, a shy, humble and incredibly sensitive being emerged that was unlike any other movie star or entertainer I have seen. He seems so fragile.

My favorite of his movie roles was from a movie called “Awakenings”. It was straight role, where he played a doctor who was helping people become animated from a catatonic state. The movie also had  Robert De Niro playing one of the patients. There was no comedy in this movie, it was pure heart, pure love, pure Robin Williams

Rest in Peace, Robin.

Number of Views :21987

Facebook Comments

comments

Tags: , , ,

Comments (12)

Trackback URL | Comments RSS Feed

1. George Saladin says:

I think of a movie ‘What Dreams May Come’ (1998) dealing with afterlife and the fate of a suicide and the personal Hell they create for themselves. So Ironic!
    The Moon Rahu combination simply stands out.
    An excellent analysis Sam. One thing i could not understand if you coild elucidate: What is this Ketu. SATurn Dasa? Is Saturn the sub dasa? Didn’t he pass away during Ketu Mars? Please let me know.

• Linette Sue Montgomery says:

George
      iI saw your comment about Ketu Dasha – well iI was super young when iI went through that dasha and my life was in great danger then. yet I had a spiritual awakening then & the Universe protected me from greater harm that could have happen to me. I have Ketu in my 1st house in my main birth chart/Libra Asc. Venus in my 9th House.
      Sam has Great videos on Ketu. And Ketu/Venus conj – he made a video too on youtube.
      Ketu can be isolation or detachment from the world & or detachment from others & materialism. ‘can mean that’
      Saturn ‘can’ cause us fear from the harsh realities of life that are truly hard.
      I learned that I have to make Saturn my ‘Friend!’ Especial I personally have Saturn in Enemy dignity – active awake karmic energy in my 6th House with 12th House in great enemy awake state as well.
      I ve deep studied Saturn for the last 12 month & I made myself face the realities and learn the Lessons that Saturn was attempting to teach me in this lifetime of mine and I constantly must remind myself what truly is important.
      Saturn just want to teach us discipline, structure, boundries, principles to live by > doing life ‘properly’ / no short cuts. Is just how I think now. Going thru a Saturn dasha or sub dasha of Saturn would even more activate that energy from Saturn at that point. like more powerful lessons to learn. Thats just my opinion.
      Saturn – do I give up? Do I take short cuts? Do I cheat others to get what I want? Do act lazy ? Do I complain? Do I try harder & never give up trying? Saturn can teach us a great lesson of patience! Integrity. Perserverence! (Ab Lincoln comes to my mind on ‘never giving up!’)

Sam has many great teaching videos on you tube 🙂
      Peace to you & I hope that helped you.

2. Anjali says:

Thanks for your insightful reading.
    I had a strange experience I want to share for feedback if any.
    I have never seen any of his movies. I only saw Mork and Mindy so many
    years ago. I lost interest in movies and celebrities many years ago. I never gave any thought to him after that although I acknowledge he was special.
    2 or 3 weeks ago I had a dream. I was in USA where I have never been, and I met him on the street and gave him an Ayurvedic book which I had. It was a borrowed book
    actually but a very good one.
    I woke wondering why I would dream about him like that.
    Now I wonder about the meaning of the dream even more. I can only imagine
    it could be a message that Ayurveda can cure mental illness, depression
    etc.

• Linette Sue Montgomery says:

I agree Ayurveda is amazing and would help others to change their life style, eating choices, exercise habits, and change their toxic life styles> (body, mind & spirit) Kriya Yoga// Understand our birth chart.
      Yet the saying fits ‘you can lead a horse to the water yet you can not make the horse drink the water!’
      I try to help others with suggestions of exercise & food choices & even I help people with their life issues by looking at their birth charts (even with health issues that I see in their birth chart) yet its like they seem to not care what I say or they say – ‘ thats too hard to do ‘.
      *Interesting dream you had *
      Peace

3. Alison Crichton says:

Hi Sam.

Why is Ashlesha the Nakshatra of Suicide?

• puneet ahuja says:

Two points Sam enjoyed your wonderful astrological session on Robin
      Saturn yogakaraka for Libra no matter it is in 12house his aspects cannot be malefic second rahu moon combination is by alone responsible for sucide as the moon with rahu loses mental imbalance either goes mad or comitts suicide

Regards
      Puneet Ahuja
      919810007482

• sadasiva108 says:

“Saturn yogakaraka for Libra no matter it is in 12house his aspects cannot be malefic second rahu moon combination is by alone responsible for sucide”

none of this is true, Puneet. Way too extreme, nothing “alone” is responsible for suicide.. you need many factors aligned at one point.. almost ALL factors must point to this.. especially b/c Moon/Rahu was in his NATAL chart and many with Moon/Rahu do not kill themselves.

You need to look at more charts, it will prevent you from making extreme statements like these.

Regards

4. Linette Sue Montgomery says:

Thank you Sam – well said and I appreciate especially, I am a true Libra Asc in Sidereal zodiac and I can relate to much you are explaining, even though Mr Williams and I had completely different planets in out birth charts and Im in a Moon/Venus Dasha. Still I can rrelate to his life issues. I do understand the internal stuggles you explained and ‘fitting’ with others & society. I find very interesting that I just watched a non-comedy movie he played in “The Angriest Man in Brooklyn” – about a man who is dying and how he makes amends and reflects on his life choices with his family, wife and spoiled children. Movie truly touched me deeply. And I watched tjis 2 weeks about – no mistake. I do not believe in mistakes.
    Personally when I have ‘dark’ days, I always tell myself that tomorrow is a new day and lufe is beautiful and worth living. I ve learned to occupy my mind on something productive such as study astrology, pray, meditate, or read a book or go to the gym ! Sauna! Yin yoga 🙂
    My lufe is much much better today especially learning principles of Vedic from your teaching that always reminds me of important principle you impress upon ‘us’
    *Peace*

5. darwin says:

why is time of death announcement important?
    i felt suicidal last friday (i wont do it). i live in tiburon and also out of blue thought of robin williams sunday night( was watching youtube video of person saying they met someone famous and asked viewers to comment if they’ve ever met a famous person and i wrote robin williams.
    im pretty sure he did it while drunk. we will know in few weeks. theres an extremely interesting radio interview of him in 2010 where he discusses his thoughts on killing himself. http://www.wtfpod.com/podcast/episodes/remembering_robin_williams

6. Thank you Sam, wonderful insights! I just wanted to share that I have the moon/rahu in the fourth house in Libra. I remember many years ago when a Vedic astrologer looked at my chart, shook his head and handed it back to me. That was a troublesome event. In time, I have come to terms with the fact that I have a disease that needs treatment. Instead of seeing myself as broken, I see myself fortunate to live in a time with medication that keeps me balanced. Add my spiritual seeking to the mix and I come out of it as a normal person with a strong ability to empathize/understand others. This gives me the skills to understand myself, as well. That fourth house placement tells me that the mother I experienced as cruel and demanding was suffering from the same disease-I inherited it. It’s genetic. It is a lineage of female shamans. Once I figured that out, opened to the mystical helpers that have always been around me; pushing me toward answers. We really can bend our afflictions to a useful purpose if we open to our true gifts, and leave social pressures at the side of the road.

7. coolscene0 x says:

I think ketu and saturn do not connect here to indicate the tragic event. Just by being in the 12th house, Saturn is not death indicator here in this chart.